December 11 – 11 Things What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)
Blast it. I think I did quite enough soul-searching earlier today. A lot of my list has to do with my emotional health, which is something I’ve been working on. Starting therapy should help with the tools to function (counting the days to my first session). The rest will require a combination of moving on from old ways of doing things and a Just Do It Attitude!
Soooo, in no particular order of importance, a list of things my life really doesn’t need next year…
1. The pain of the past – Obvious for the top of any list based on my last post. I’m separating my life from my parents and I begin therapy soon. The therapy should show me a way to move forward without having “to cross the Grand Canyon every time I come across a crack in the sidewalk”.
2. Depression – This one sucks big time. I can do without it for all the obvious reasons. I’m working on empowering myself.
3. Fear – I survived. It’s time to stop letting fear control my life.
4. Solitude – A lot of this has to do with confidence and pain avoidance. It’s easier to suffer loneliness than abandonment. Past time to stop pretending I’m shy and get out into life… open up and be vulnerable.
5. Being fair to everyone else – I need to be more fair to myself. Too often I’ve put myself in someone else’s shoes and found myself doing something I really didn’t want to do. Perfectly reasonable requests… on the surface. It should be okay to understand and still say no, this is what I want to do. Part of the growing list for therapy.
6. Insomnia – I’ve suffered sleep problems since I was a child. I hope this fixes itself as therapy helps me with my life.
7. Clutter – I hold onto too many things. It’s a physical symptom of what’s going on in my mind.
8. Being broke! – Work is an obvious fix. Except, well, I’m considering going into full-time study next year, so maybe I should get used to not thinking like I’m broke all the time. As long as there’s enough for a roof over our heads, food on the table, pay the bills and high-speed internet *blush* then there’s enough and no need to think I’m broke.
9. Clothes for the sake of having something to wear – I plan to snazz up my wardrobe a in the new year and find my own style again. Enough years of hiding behind blah, neat and invisible.
10. No sex life! – Damn, this one has to be changed. It’s just, I’m not a one night stand kind of woman. Sigh. Fix life first, then worry about the other stuff.
11. People that suck the life out of me – My parents are top of this list.