I logged on late the other day to find Carleen from the Red Awakening: from existing to living blog had awarded me The Versatile Blogger award from Carleen. Thank you, Carleen!
Carleen writes of her journey with a great blend of honesty and humour. If I could award Carleen in return I would, but I think that might be cheating on my 15.
When I read her comment awarding me… “Your honesty and strength shine through in every post” I went the whole range of feelings from “naaahhh” to “aaawww”. Compliments still do a little bouncing around before I can accept them. People can say the nastiest things and I might not bat an eyelid, something nice and I might very well start blubbering.
So this misty eyed woman had to put on her thinking cap after reading the rules, which are…
- Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post.
- Tell 7 random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 15 new-found bloggers. (You may not be new, but you are new to me!)
- Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to and let them know you’ve done so, and let the giver of your award know you accept it.
7 random facts about me that I’m pretty sure I haven’t spewed out somewhere else in the blog…
- I love long drives and I mean looooong. Brisbane to Melbourne is about 1900km via Sydney, or a little under 1200 miles for you non-metric minded. Love that drive! Then two glorious exhausting days back! Well, it’s two days if I stop to visit D in Canberra, or my brother in Sydney.
- Five years in a row I arrived at work the day after the Eurovision song contest aired to find I had missed it again. I have a plan this year to catch it! And a back up plan!
- Dare I say it, I enjoy… Bollywood movies. That’s definitely a secret pleasure. Not so secret now.
- I like puzzles… jigsaws, sudoku, mahjong, really anything that I can spend time unravelling or putting together.
- I’m a hippie at heart and would probably happily take the leap except I’ve become attached to my internet, steady power, town water, hair colouring and many, many shops just down the road. Sigh. Maybe in another life 😛
- Seems that at least 10% of the blogs I have in my Google Reader are far from G rated! And I have a lot of reading to catch up on this week…
438423 unread items as I type this. From all the blogs that is, not just the non G rated ones.
- My favourite colour is purple! Wow, I’m pretty certain that’s not in any of my posts, which is surprising.
Versatile Bloggers to pass the award to… I kept shifting from the logical, 15 is too many! to the emotional, 15 isn’t enough! All the blogs I read touch me in some way. I haven’t been hunting out many new blogs lately, so some of these I’ve been following for a while.
no particular alphabetical order…
- a muse Heather’s writing always carries me along on soft waves through her journey.
- A Peine for your Thoughts Now, I honestly thought this would become another Mommy blog once the twins entered the world a short few weeks ago. Taryn has kept to a committment to only write about what she can laugh about. Sure the twins have become central to the blog, just as they’ve become central to their parent’s world, but prepare for some chuckles anyway.
- Crowing Crone Some blogs throw out words of wisdom at seemingly just the right time.
- graffiti living I do enjoy the twisted paths James’ mind can take in his writing.
- I feel lucky A lot of interesting reading here.
- Learning the language of Brooke Farmer Sassy. Be prepared for some language as Brooke writes of her life.
- Love Letters & Suicide Notes Jason writes honestly, spinning his words to weave you into his memories and those dark and not so dark places inside himself.
- Matt Surfs the Universe The fact master who puts it out in a good way. He also has the rare ability to write thoughtfully while giving a chuckle at some difficult subjects. Don’t forget to visit Matt’s “Screaming Voice of Reason” blog for the loud side of Matt’s voice!
- Mostly Amused, Sometimes Absurd Sometimes I think it should be a crime to have as much zest as this writer has! I’m only half joking… it’s his zest for life I love.
- Mujerzen’s Blog*sound of long sigh* I was never a fan of poetry as it seemed overly pompous for a modern world. Yes, I thought this way. I don’t anymore and I thank this blog for much of that change. This is words to sing in your soul if you’ll listen.
- One Life Ahh, Jamie, you surprise me often!
- Pig and Pepper Enjoy.
- Shutterbug Wife Anyone who can post a clip of themselves doing the old hula hoop, without the hoop, is Versatile 😛 Sorry Becs, I couldn’t resist that comment 😀 Becs has begun living her passion for photography and I’m loving the direction she’s taken.
- Thumbin’ My Way Sassy, with a capital S.
- Uncle Typewriter Stereo is Sassy, with a double sized capital S.
Yay, me! I managed to cut the list down to 15… finally! And I guess it gives a glimpse into what I like to read. Ouch, when I typed this there was still 16. Seems I have trouble counting!